BUFFALO CHICKEN MUFFINS
1 recipe of your favorite PIZZA dough or cheat and use a can of Pillsbury Pizza dough
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
1 pound ROTISSERIE chicken pieces
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup Frank’s Original Hot Sauce
2 cups fresh mozzarella
- Saute chopped onions in butter over medium heat. Once transparent, add chopped chicken to heat through.
- Add Buffalo Sauce and heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare muffin tins with non-stick spray or line with muffin papers.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a large rectangle roughly 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Spread chicken and cheese evenly across each piece of rolled out dough.
- Starting from long side of dough, begin rolling the dough up like a cinnamon roll. Pinch ends when done.
- Slice into 1 1/2 to 2 inch rolls.
- Place in muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and dough is lightly browned.
- Serve and enjoy!
HAM & CHEESE ROLLS with CREAMY 3 CHEESE DIPPING SAUCE
1 can Pillsbury refrigerated thin crust pizza dough
8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
8 ounces deli ham, sliced thin
1 egg, beaten
1tablespoon butter, melted
Progresso Recipe Starters Creamy Three Cheese cooking sauce, for dipping
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Unroll pizza dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Top dough evenly with ham slices and grated cheese.
- Carefully and tightly roll up dough from the long end into a log; pinching the seam to seal.
- Slice log into 16 equal pieces.
- Set each piece cut side-down on baking sheet.
- Brush dough with beaten egg, then sprinkle sides and tops with a little salt.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Brush dough with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with a little more salt.
- Serve with warm Creamy Three Cheese cooking sauce on the side for dipping.
This is a great dip for ANY tailgate party. Serve it fresh out of the oven… hot and bubbly and served with tortilla chips.
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1 clove garlic, minced
4-5 LARGE green onions, chopped
1 can Rotel original tomatoes, DRAINED VERY WELL
2 tablespoons sour cream
8 ounces Flaked Krab, chopped small
15-ounce can black beans, rinsed & DRAINED VERY WELL
Frank’s Original Hot Sauce to taste
Sea salt to taste
1 cup Colby-Jack mixed grated cheese
tortilla chips for dunking
- In a large bowl, soften cream cheese by beating until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Add garlic, green onions, tomatoes, sour cream, chicken pieces and black beans stirring by hand until combined.
- Add hot sauce and sea salt until you reach desired taste.
- Arrange ingredients in an oven safe dish and top with grated cheese.
- Bake 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees until cheese is brown and bubbly.
- Serve with chips.
NOTE: Dip can be served cold but we like it best warm.
The leftovers are then perfect for making seafood enchiladas.
- Roll into tortillas.
- Top with chile verde sauce and more grated cheese.
- Bake and enjoy.
OMG This appetizer replaces any entree – it’s ooey, gooey, cheesy and literally melts in your mouth all the while tantalizing your taste buds from the very first bite!
VAMPIRE SLAYER ARTICHOKE BREAD Adapted from Crumb
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, minced fine
14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained REALLY WELL and chopped small
1 cup shredded Face Rock Vampire Slayer Cheddar cheese
½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
¼ cup sour cream
1 bunch green onions, finely minced
1 package Seattle Sourdough Ciabatta rolls
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat broiler, and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, melt the butter until foamy.
- Add garlic and green onions sauteing until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat, and stir in artichoke hearts, mozzarella, cheddar, Parmesan and sour cream until combined.
- Slice the bread lengthwise.
- Place the bread halves on the prepared baking sheet, cut side up, and spoon the cooled cheese and artichoke mixture over top.
- Lightly salt and pepper to taste.
- Broil until cheese is melted and bread is hot.
- Cut each half into pieces and serve right away, while the cheese is still nice and melted.
These little delights are perfect finger foods for ANY football party or get together with lots of people. They have just enough kick to spark everyone’s appetite for more. The shells get crispy and the cheesy filling gets gooey and they are soooooo easy to assemble while looking like you spent hours in the kitchen.
You can also vary the flavors for some extra alternative flavor. (See my notes below) Use your imagination and make up your own combinations.
TEX MEX BLT’s minus the Lettuce
3-4 packages phyllo pastry cups – thawed
1 pound bacon, cooked well and crumbled into very small pieces (very fine ground beef/shredded beef)
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese (today I used a Jack and Skellig Sweet Cheddar combo)
1/2 cup medium Cheddar cheese
1 cup mayonnaise (not Low-fat)
1 can Rotel original, drained REALLY well* (when I use shredded beef I trade this for a 4 ounce can of diced jalapenos that I chop very fine)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend the mayonnaise and cheeses together.
- Fold in the tomatoes and bacon.
- Scoop evenly into the cups (this will fill about 36).
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes or until starting to brown and get bubbly.
*These shells are pretty small so cut any larger chunks of tomato into smaller pieces to make them easier to fill. I did a couple second run through in my mini food processor.
These disappeared so quickly that I forgot to get a picture of the finished bread. I made them in my lasagna pan so they would all be the same size. You’ll notice a quite a few strike throughs. I changed the original recipe to do each biscuit the same way so you have a flavor medley in each bite and a more even baking color.
BUFFALO CHICKEN MONKEY BREAD adapted from Pillsbury
2 cans (7.5 oz each) Pillsbury™ Country Style® refrigerated biscuits
2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
3/4 cup Frank’s Original Hot sauce
1/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese crumbles, crumbled very small
2 tablespoons ranch dressing
1/4 cup butter, melted
Savory Spice Shop Tableside Garlic Sprinkle
Additional ranch dressing for dipping
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Lightly spray 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, toss chicken with 1/2 cup of the buffalo wing sauce until well coated; set aside.
Cut 4 biscuits into quarters to make a total of 16 pieces. With hands, press and stretch each piece slightly to make dough round.
Place 1 teaspoon cheese in center of each round.
Enclose cheese by bringing sides of dough up and over; pinch dough to seal and enclose cheese.
With remaining 16 biscuits, press and stretch each into larger rounds.
Place 1 heaping tablespoon buffalo chicken in center of each large round. Enclose chicken by bringing sides of dough up and over; pinch dough to seal and enclose chicken.
- Stretch each biscuit into larger rounds.
- Place 1 teaspoon cheese crumbles AND 1 heaping tablespoon buffalo chicken in center of each large round. Enclose chicken by bringing sides of dough up and over; pinch dough to seal and enclose chicken.
- Drizzle remaining 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce in bottom of tube cake pan; drizzle 2 tablespoons ranch dressing over sauce.
Dip each ball of dough into melted butter; layer cheese and chicken balls in pan, alternating to vary sizes.
- Dip each ball of dough into melted butter; layer loosely in pan.
- Roll each ball in Savory Spice Shop Tableside Garlic Sprinkle.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tops of balls are golden brown.
- Cool in pan slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Place serving plate upside down over pan; carefully turn plate and pan over. Remove pan.
- Serve bread with additional ranch dressing for dipping.
Don’t forget football started this week! We have lots of games tomorrow and a double header on Monday night. You know what that means – FOOTBALL FOOD for TAILGATING TIME! We’rein our 5th season of tailgating time and looking for more new recipes to feed the crowds. Come join us to link up your favorite football foods.
PEPPERONI PIZZA DIP
8 ounces cream cheese
8 ounces pizza sauce
1 cup grated 4 cheese blend
1 cup diced pepperoni pieces
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the cream cheese, pizza sauce, Italian seasoning and most of the grated cheese.
- Spread into a greased baking dish.
- Top with pepperoni and remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with Crostini or your favorite crackers.
Okay it’s here – It’s finally Football Season!!!
Don’t forget to join us and link up all your favorite tailgating goodies throughout the entire 2014-2015 football season!The links for last season are here(2013) and the season before are here(2012).
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITES TOO! Everyone gets 10 votes. VOTING WILL BEGIN noon on the day of the Superbowl and stay open through midnight.
No matter who you are rooting for we’ll have fun. I know not everyone enjoys football, but who can resist a good football food buffet? It’s time to start thinking about tailgating treats, appetizers, chips and dips, wings, and all the other yummy party things!
Having a game day buffet just makes it more festive! I remember when I was a kid, My dad was a big LOS ANGELES RAMS
fan. We always watched the games together and I was responsible for keeping the game food fun. I loved spending the day with my dad and it was always such a blast to play armchair quarterback..
Martha over at Seaside Simplicity began Tailgating Time and it’s just plain fun not to mention a wonderful source for new recipes to try. We will repost the linky on or around the first of each month as a reminder.
Chili – I use Chicken, Black Bean or Black Bean “Kitchen Sink” Steak
Beer Cheese Dip (optional)
Shredded Jack and Cheddar Cheeses
Diced green onion
*optional charred finely chopped hot dogs
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Plate and add a dollop of sour cream.
Don’t forget about our upcoming Tailgating Time Link Up for Football. The season begins Thursday, September 4th, 2014.
Links open at midnight September 4th!
This recipe I made up after having lunch at one of our favorite restaurants BJ’s Brewerhouse and saw something similar on their appetizer menu. I knew immediately it would become a football favorite!
CHILE VERDE CARNITAS FRIES
crispy thin fries
Green Chile Verde Carnitas
finely shredded jack and cheddar cheese
finely chopped green onions
finely chopped cilantro
Heinz Jalapeno ketchup
- Assemble everything from the crispy thin fries through the cheese “Nacho” style.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes to heat through.
- Top with green onions and cilantro.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and Jalapeno ketchup.
- Dig in and Enjoy!
Hubs likes his with pepper jack cheese. That is the beauty of this recipe – you can build to suit.