BUNLESS BURGER SERIES – ITALIAN WHITE CHEDDAR CHEESEBURGERS with BALSAMIC GLAZED ONION & ROASTED POTATOES
With having to give up bread I have found it challenging to eat satisfying meals. Years ago I started a Bunless Burger series, but never did much with it so I’m back to add to the selections with these Italian flavored cheeseburgers are layered with tons of satisfying flavors.
3/4 pounds ground beef
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small Vidalia onion, halved and sliced into half rings
White cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 pound fingerlings or tri-colored potatoes, cut lengthwise into 1 inch wedges.
1-2 teaspoons sweet paprika
BUNS – OPTIONAL
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven, then preheat to 450°.
- Place the potato wedges on a sheet pan.
- Drizzle with avocado oil.
- Sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Arrange potatoes in an even layer, skin side down.
- Roast 28 to 30 minutes, or until browned and tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove from the oven.
- While the potatoes roast, in a medium pan, heat a drizzle of avocado oil on medium-high until hot.
- Add the diced onion; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned and softened.
- Add the garlic; season again with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 to 2 minutes, or until softened and fragrant.
- Add the vinegar and sugar, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes, or until well coated and most of the liquid has cooked off.
- Re-season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- While the onion cooks, in a medium bowl, combine the beef, Italian seasoning and a generous sprinkling of the salt and pepper.
- Gently mix to combine. DO NOT OVERWORK the meat.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into two 1/2-inch-thick patties; transfer to a plate.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of avocado oil on medium-high until hot.
- Add the patties and cook 4 to 5 minutes on the first side, or until browned.
- Flip the patties.
- Evenly top with the sliced cheese.
- Loosely cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the patties are cooked to your desired degree of doneness.
- Leaving any browned bits of fond in the pan, transfer burgers to a plate. Loosely cover with the foil to keep warm.
- Add the buns (if using), cut side down, to the pan of reserved fond adding a drizzle of oil if the pan is too dry.
- Toast on medium-high 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until lightly browned.
- Transfer to a work surface and assemble the burgers using the toasted buns, cooked patties, and glazed onion (you may have extra onion).
- Serve the burgers with the roasted potatoes on the side.
LINKING TO: CELEBRATE YOUR STORY, CRAFTASTIC MONDAY, DISHING IT & DIGGING IT, NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAY, SHOW & TELL, SUNDAYS AT HOME, SUNDAY’S BEST, THAT DIY PARTY, JCOOKING & CRAFTING WITH J&J, INPIRATION MONDAY , INSPIRE ME MONDAY , MADE BY YOU MONDAY, MAKE IT PRETTY MONDAY, MELT IN YOUR MOUTH MONDAY, MERRY MONDAY, MIX IT UP MONDAY, MOTIVATE ME MONDAY, PROJECT INSPIRED, SHOW AND SHARE, TUTORIALS & TIP, DIY TUESDAYS, LOU LOU GIRLS FABULOUS PARTY, THE SCOOP, TREASURE BOX TUESDAY, TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME, TUESDAYS WITH A TWIST, CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS, SHARE YOUR CUP , WINTER BLUES WEDNESDAY, WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY, SHOW ME WEDNESDAYS, WOW US WEDNESDAY , CREATIVE CIRCLE, DAGMAR’S PARTY, HOME SWEET HOME, FAVORITE THINGS, GRACE AT HOME, HOME MATTERS, PIN JUNKIE PIN PARTY, TALK OF THE TOWN, BLOGGER’S PIT STOP, HANDMADE HANGOUT, PRETTY PINTASTIC PARTY, SHARE IT ONE MORE TIME, SWAY SHAREFEST, WHAT TO DO WEEKENDS PARTY, BOUQUET OF TALENT PARTY, INSPIRE-BE-INSPIRED, RAE GUN BLOCK PARTY, I’M LOVIN’ IT, THIS IS HOW WE ROLL THURSDAY, FULL PLATE THURSDAY, FOODIE FRIDAY, SOUPER SUNDAY, BETH FISH READS, SATURDAY SPARKS, AMAZE ME MONDAY, INSPIRE ME TUESDAY, SHARE YOUR STYLE, OVER THE MOON