I found this recipe on FACEBOOK awhile back, but can’t remember who from. I’ve adapted it slightly. This crispy chip crusted chicken is loaded with a creamy, spicy and cheesy stuffing that’s juicy AND crunchy.
ACTIVE PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL START TO FINISH TIME: 45 minutes
WHY I’LL MAKE IT AGAIN: I’ll make this recipe time and again because it was FULL of flavor, crunchy and juicy. Not to mention, everybody raved about it.
NOTES: Original recipe called for using Kettle cooked salt & pepper chips with a whole chopped seeded Jalapeno in the cheese mixture. Hubby and I tried the salt and pepper chips and HATED them so I had to rethink the recipe.
LOADED CHIP CRUSTED CHICKEN with BACON and CHEESE serves 4
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 8 ounce bag Kettle Cooked Jalapeno flavored Potato Chips
3 eggs, lightly beaten
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup medium Jack or cheddar cheese
1/2 cup crumbled bacon
1 tablespoon BBQ sweet rub (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Use a sharp knife to slice each chicken breast almost all the way in half.
- Open the slice and press each breast flat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapeno, bacon, and sweet rub.
- Spread 1/4 of the mixture onto each of the butterflied chicken breasts.
- Fold the breasts over and press to smear the cream cheese mixture so it is evenly distributed within the chicken.
- Using food processor pulse chips until they are broken down into crumbs.
- Pour the crumbs out onto a shallow plate.
- Add eggs to a shallow dish.
- Dip the stuffed chicken breasts into the eggs, then into the chip crumbs, coating each side.
- Once all of the chicken breasts are coated with the eggs and Kettle Chips, place them on your grill or onto a baking sheet and into the oven.
- Cook for about 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reads 165°.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
¼ cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon FRESH ground sea salt
2 teaspoons FRESH ground black pepper
2 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients for the rub in a small bowl.
- Stir well to combine, using a fork to break up any clumps.
- Store BBQ sweet rub in an airtight container. It will last 3-4 weeks.