Well we’re 1 step closer this week to feeling finished. As many of you know, the contractor we hired last January to seal the sun porch floor and put down a sub-floor over the slab to line up with the existing kitchen floor did us wrong. He left us with a sub floor that was 1 3/8 inches taller than the existing kitchen floor. Once we got the sealing done and the outside baseboards we were able to start on the ‘new’ sub-floor. Along with the ‘spot’ warping of a 115 year old floor ~ by the time we finished the new sub floor yesterday it was over 2 inches off. Fortunately, we have taller ceilings than today’s build and can afford to lose a couple inches. We took this opportunity to add a little extra insulation also. As you can see Whiskey is settling just fine with the new floor ~ she loves to lay where she can see 2 doors.