2 cups ground ginger snaps*
3 tablespoons butter, melted
40 ounces crushed pineapple, drained WELL, but save the juice
2 cups pineapple juice (juice from the pineapple plus enough water to make the 2 cups)
2 eggs beaten
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 + cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Finely ground the ginger snaps and mix with the melted butter.
- Firmly press the ginger snap mix into a DEEP dish pie plate.
- Fill the pie plate with the pineapple.
- In a large saucepan whisk together the pineapple juice, beaten eggs and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in the cornstarch until smooth.
- Cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Pour over pineapple in shell.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Top with marshmallows and return to oven to bake until marshmallows are golden and crispy.
*I sometimes use a combination of ginger snaps and vanilla wafers for a less spicy effect.