1/2 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 cans apricot pineapple nectar
1 pound dried apricots
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- Clean and bake carrots until slightly mushy.
- Cool, Slice lengthwise and set aside.
- While carrots are baking, put dried apricots in a dutch oven and cover with nectar.
- Simmer apricots until mushy – about an hour.
- Add butter, brown sugar and walnuts to apricot mixture.
- In a 13×9 greased baking dish layer carrots and apricot mixture twice.
- Bake 30-45 minutes at 350°.
**Yams or sweet potatoes or a combination of can be substituted easily.
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
4 tablespoons butter + 1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons flour
1½ cups milk
½ package dry ranch dressing mix
½ teaspoon white pepper
1½ pounds fresh green beans
1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
3 teaspoons minced garlic, Jar
1 cup toasted bread crumbs*
Preheat oven to 350°.
In a saucepan melt the 4 tablespoons of butter over a low heat. Stir in the flour until smooth. Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly until mixture thickens. Stir in the dressing mix and pepper until well blended. Remove from heat.
In a large saucepan of boiling salt water cook green beans 5 minutes until tender crisp.
In a skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add onion and garlic. Sauté until tender.
In a 2 quart greased casserole mix together the green beans, white sauce mixture and ½ onion mixture.
Combine bread crumbs with remaining onion mixture. Sprinkle over casserole.
Bake uncovered 30 minutes.
2-3 large Granny Smith apples (4 Cups)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup apple juice
2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 small box cheesecake flavored instant pudding
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all CRISP ingredients and mix well. Pour into an un-greased stoneware pan.
- In a mixing bowl combine the topping ingredients and mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over apple mixture.
- Bake 45-60 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is crisp and golden.
- Serve warm with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream.