4 tablespoons butter, plus more for baking sheet
10 cups plain unsalted popped popcorn
1 cup cashews or peanuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon Coarse Salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Butter a large baking sheet.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Add cashes to bowl and toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring butter, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons water to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Working VERY quickly, drizzle popcorn with sugar syrup, and toss.
- Spread popcorn evenly on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake, tossing occasionally, until golden and shiny, about 40 minutes.
- Transfer hot popcorn to a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet; let cool.
- Store in airtight container up to 1 week.
CARROT CHEESE BALLS
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 ounces yellow cheddar cheese, finely grated (2 cups loosely packed)
1 cup finely grated carrots
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and carrot.
- With moistened hands, gently form about 24 balls.
- Serve or refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, up to 2 days.