hosted at ThEKrAzYkItChEn
4 tablespoons butter, plus more for baking sheet
10 cups plain unsalted popped popcorn
1 cup cashews or peanuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon Coarse Salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Butter a large baking sheet.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Add cashes to bowl and toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring butter, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons water to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Working VERY quickly, drizzle popcorn with sugar syrup, and toss.
- Spread popcorn evenly on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake, tossing occasionally, until golden and shiny, about 40 minutes.
- Transfer hot popcorn to a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet; let cool.
- Store in airtight container up to 1 week.
CARROT CHEESE BALLS
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 ounces yellow cheddar cheese, finely grated (2 cups loosely packed)
1 cup finely grated carrots
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and carrot.
- With moistened hands, gently form about 24 balls.
- Serve or refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, up to 2 days.
Two GREAT!!! recipes. I like the idea of the nuts in the caramel popcorn.
we r popcorn lovers here will be sure to check this recipe out
My son’s friends are starting to like having popcorn when they all watch DVDs together. They will love this.
My kids love caramel popcorn!!
The nuts are perfect!!
Thanks for sharing!
These both look like great recipes! This is a great idea for a meme!
those carrot cheese balls sound yummy — do you serve them with crackers? veggies?
thanks I will try those.
Comments are closed.