1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts or tenders cut into pieces
1 cup uncooked long grain rice
1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers, drained
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons sweet BBQ sauce
2 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin tops and all
2 cups chicken broth, boiling
chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, BBQ sauce, chicken broth, garlic and 1/2 of the salt and pepper.
- In a Tupperware marinader or a large Ziploc bag pour sauce over chicken pieces and marinade 2 hours or overnight is really yummy too.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9×9 baking dish with PURE.
- Place rice, onions and red peppers in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken pieces from the marinade to a plate.
- Stir remaining marinade into the boiling water and then stir that into the rice.
- Evenly layer chicken pieces over rice.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 1 hour or until all the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Sprinkle with fresh parsley as garnish.