It’s National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day and I couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate than with a new recipe. The only thing that would make this better was to add some milk chocolate chips – always next time.
PEANUT BUTTER BANANA RUM RAISIN BREAD
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 jumbo eggs
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup Parrot Bay coconut rum
1/2 cup crushed walnuts
2 large, RIPE bananas, pureed
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 hour to 1 day before pour rum over raisins and let sit at room temperature.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter.
- Add brown sugar and bananas in a sauce pan.
- Cook until smooth and then add nuts and raisins.
- Stir until well coated & set aside to cool.
- Cream peanut butter, sugar and eggs until fluffy.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add this to the creamed mixture gradually until well blended.
- Add cooled banana mixture.
- Pour into greased and floured pan(s)*
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45+ minutes.
*This recipe will make 2 large loaves or 1 cake.
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
juice of 1 small lemon
1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla. Beat until blended.
- Add powdered sugar gradually until well blended and smooth.
- Refrigerate 1 hour to set icing before serving.
Comments are closed.