PERFECT TALL & FLUFFY BUTTERMILK BISCUITS
2 cups flour + 1 cup flour
1 tablespoon double acting baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4 tablespoons butter, diced
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/3 cups low-fat buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Spray a 9 inch cake pan with PURE.
- In a food processor pulse dry ingredients several times to combine.
- Add butter pieces scattered over dry ingredients and pulse until crumbly.
- Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Stir in buttermilk. (Dough will be wet and lumpy).
- Spray a 1/4 cup measure with PURE.
- In a mixing bowl add the remaining 1 cup flour.
- Drop the dough 1/4 cup at a time into the flour.
- Shape into 12 balls. Shaking off excess flour.
- Arrange balls (9 around the perimeter and 3 in the center) in the pan.
- Brush tops of dough with melted butter.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Bake another 15 minutes.
- Cool 2 minutes.
- Invert biscuits into a clean towel, turn right side up breakaing them apart and cool another 5 minutes.