HONEY ROASTED CHICKEN
4 chicken breasts, skin-on chicken
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 slices bacon, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
1 navel orange
2 bunches green onions, sliced
1 large Vidalia onion, quartered and quartered again
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup dry white wine, just eyeball the amount
1/4 cup good quality orange blossom honey
Crusty bread, to pass at table
Today I had an extra shallot and few strawberries that I threw in for good measure!
- Wash and dry chicken and season with salt, then refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Mince garlic.
- Meanwhile, in a roasting pan or large casserole, toss with tangerines and oranges with onions. Liberally drizzle with peanut oil – enough to thinly coat the oranges and onions (a couple of tablespoons). Season with salt and pepper and scoot the oranges and onions off to the sides of the pan.
- Arrange chicken in pan and rub with peanut oil to coat the skin. Season chicken with black and red pepper.
- Top with bacon pieces.
- Add wine to the pan.
- Drizzle honey around the pan and place in the oven.
- Roast 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Serve chicken with oranges and onions, and with pan juices with Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes.