ITALIAN BEEF STROGANOFF
28 ounce can Contadina crushed tomatoes
8 ounce can Contadina tomato sauce
1 MAGGI beef seasoning cube
1 large Vidalia onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 1/2 pounds chuck roast or chuck eye steak*, cut into stew sized pieces
2 cups cooked wide egg noodles
1 cup sour cream
- Layer beef chuck pieces, garlic and onions in bottom of slow cooker.
- Whisk together tomatoes and sauce. Microwave for 3 minutes until HOT! Add beef cube and stir until dissolved.
- Pour over meat and onions.
- Cook 8-10 hours on low OR 4-6 hours on high.
- Pour meat through colander so it is separate from the sauce.
- Stir sour cream into sauce.
- Fold noodles into sauce mixture.
- Fold beef back in.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
*these 2 pieces of meat are actually from the same cut, but I base it on which one is currently on sale. This week I saved 50 cents a pound by using 2 steaks instead on 1 roast.