TOASTED ONION SALISBURY STEAK SLIDERS
2 small flour tortillas, cut into small pieces
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 large Vidalia onion, sliced thin
1/2 red pepper, sliced thin
1 1/2 pounds ground round
1 package Laura Scudders toasted onion dip
1 1/2 cups beef broth
2 tablespoons flour
- Pour milk over tortillas and let sit for an hour.
- With your hands mix ground round and onion dip mix together and let sit for an hour in fridge.
- Mix together the tortilla mixture and the beef mixture until uniform in consistency.
- Hand form 6 small steaks.
- In a large skillet melt butter.
- When sizzling, add onions and pepper and saute’ until caramelized.
- Lower heat slightly. Arrange onions around the outside of the skillet and add steaks. Turn regularly until brown all over and cooked through.
- In a saute pan, bring broth to a simmer.
- Sprinkle flour into broth while constantly whisking until slightly thickens.
- Lower heat, transfer steaks into broth mixture and top with onion mixture.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.