TOASTED ONION SALISBURY STEAK SLIDERS
2 small flour tortillas, cut into small pieces
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 large Vidalia onion, sliced thin
1/2 red pepper, sliced thin
1 1/2 pounds ground round
1 package Laura Scudders toasted onion dip
1 1/2 cups beef broth
2 tablespoons flour
- Pour milk over tortillas and let sit for an hour.
- With your hands mix ground round and onion dip mix together and let sit for an hour in fridge.
- Mix together the tortilla mixture and the beef mixture until uniform in consistency.
- Hand form 6 small steaks.
- In a large skillet melt butter.
- When sizzling, add onions and pepper and saute’ until caramelized.
- Lower heat slightly. Arrange onions around the outside of the skillet and add steaks. Turn regularly until brown all over and cooked through.
- In a saute pan, bring broth to a simmer.
- Sprinkle flour into broth while constantly whisking until slightly thickens.
- Lower heat, transfer steaks into broth mixture and top with onion mixture.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.
Hubby is going to absolutely love this!
Yum! Sure sounds good! Perfect for Tailgating Time too 🙂
This sounds wonderful and is in my try it pile. thanks grace
I love salisbury steak, it’s perfect comfort food. And it always has to be served with mashed potatoes. Yum! Yours looks delicious and thank you so much for sharing it with Cookbook Sundays!
Comments are closed.