I absolutely LOVE to experiment with recipes, especially old recipes that were mainstays of another era. I found an old, and I mean old recipe for Danish cube steak It looked like an old book from the 40’s or 50’s. It was soooooo old, that the edges were ragged and the paper yellow. I think it came from grams old stash from 20 years ago! Anyway, I updated it to the new century and hubby loved it! It was also so tender it could be cut with a fork.
DANISH CUBE STEAK REVISITED
3 ounces Bleu cheese crumbles
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup minced green onions
6 pork cube steaks
1/2 cup panko crumbs
2 tablespoons butter
- In a small food processor blend together the mayonnaise, bleu cheese crumbles and green onions until smooth.
- Coat steaks on both sides with mayonnaise mixture.
- Dredge through panko crumbs.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add cube steaks and brown on both sides.