These are a great recipe for a potluck or buffet.
I always make too much on purpose because the leftovers freeze so well.
2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion, finely minced
1/2 sleeve saltine crackers, crushed
1 teaspoon minced garlic from the jar
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 jumbo egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all the meatball ingredients and blend well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Place meatballs on un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until browned and baked through.
- For frozen meatballs, put the sauce in the crock pot first and then stir in frozen meatballs. They’ll be ready in 3-4 hours.
*I sometimes cheat and buy the bags of meatballs from Costco or Sam’s Club
3/4 cup cranberry sauce**
1 3/4 cups Heinz chili sauce
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin slivers
- In a large saucepan combine jelly, chili sauce and vinegar.
- Bring to a soft boil and simmer 5 minutes stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Layer meatballs, peppers and spicy sauce in crock pot.
- Warm meatballs in sauce for 3-4 hours before serving.
**I always have some leftover from Thanksgiving or Christmas at this time of year.
You can put all the leftovers in the freezer together. Be sure to thaw them thoroughly before reheating.