3 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Coat the inside of an ovenproof 12 inch skillet with the melted butter. Be sure to remember to edges and sides.
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs until well blended.
- Add the milk and blend again.
- Sift together the flour and salt and gradually fold into the egg mixture.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla, blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into the buttered skillet.
- Bake 15 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Reduce heat to 350 minutes and bake another 10 minutes until pancake has billowed high and turned golden brown.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and powdered sugar. You can also use regular maple syrup or molasses or I especially like it with Blackberry Pineapple Dipping Sauce or Lemon Curd.
- Serve immediately.