APPLE POMEGRANATE SALAD
1 bunch romaine lettuce, torn and washed
3 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
2 Granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup candied walnuts (recipe below)
1/2 cup shredded cheese, Parmesan or cheddar
1/3 bacon, diced
vinaigrette dressing (recipe below)
- In large skillet cook bacon until browned and crispy. Drain on paper toweling and cool.
- Toss apple pieces with lemon juice.
- In a large bowl toss together the lettuce, green onions, apples and pomegranate seeds.
- Top with bacon pieces, cheese, walnuts and toss again.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette, toss again and serve immediately.
3/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup golden balsamic or apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons Sipping Vinegar – Ginger Honey
1 tablespoon Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon tarragon
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon celery flakes
1 tablespoon Ponzu
- Whisk everything together.
- Chill for several hours before serving.
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 pound chopped walnuts
1 egg white, beaten
1 tablespoon cold water
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 225°.
- Place butter on 15×10 jelly roll pan and place in oven to melt.
- Whisk together the egg white and water.
- Toss nuts with egg mixture until well coated.
- Sift together the sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Toss nuts in dry mixture until well coated.
- Spread in a single layer on jelly roll pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring to mix EVERY 15 minutes.
- Cool completely.
NOTE: Nuts will be sticky and gooey if not turned regularly.
Linking up to FULL Plate Thursday.