CREAMY PORK TENDERLOIN serves 4
1 pork tenderloin cut into quarters
1 egg, beaten
pinch garlic powder
pinch fresh ground black pepper
pinch fresh ground salt
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup Wondra flour
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
1 can cream of chicken soup undiluted or soup substitute (recipe below)
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Place each piece of tenderloin in a ziplock bag and flatten to 1/2 inch thick.
- In a shallow dish combine egg and milk.
- In another shallow dish sift together the bread crumbs, flour, pepper, salt and garlic powder seasonings.
- In a large skillet heat butter and oil.
- Dredge each of pork in the egg mixture then the bread crumb mixture and add to skillet.
- Brown on each side about 5 minutes until golden.
- Transfer pork pieces to a baking dish.
- Add mushrooms to skillet, sautéing until tender.
- Add soup and broth, folding until smooth.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Pour over pork.
- Cover and bake 30-45 minutes until pork is cooked through.
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chicken broth
- Melt the butter in heavy saucepan.
- Blend in flour and salt. Cook until bubbly.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir or whisk in liquid.
- Return to heat and cook, constantly stirring until smooth and slightly thickened.