MOJO (CUBAN) CHICKEN TOSTADAS
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 tablespoons avocado oil
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 can black beans
1 romaine heart, washed and shredded
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
1 large orange, juiced
2 limes, juiced
1 small red onion
1 avocado, sliced thin and seasoned
1 clove garlic, minced
2 + 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon oregano
corn tortillas, fried crisp
- Drain and rinse black beans well.
- Halve the onion and slice one half of it into thin rings. Dice the other half. Keep separate.
- Mix together the cumin, paprika and oregano. Divide in half.
- In a small bowl add the onion ring slices.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the vinegar, sprinkle with salt, toss together and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In another small bowl mix half the seasoning mixture with the other 2 tablespoons of vinegar, the orange juice and half the lime juice.
- Generously season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet heat avocado oil until shimmering over medium high heat.
- Add chicken breasts and sear on both sides until cooked through.
- Remove chicken to plate and rest.
- Add diced onion pieces and half the garlic to the skillet, sautéing until fragrant.
- Add black beans, remaining garlic and one half of the spice mixture. Cook 3-5 minutes until soft and heated through.
- Add half of lime juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Shred chicken and place in a mixing bowl with half the orange juice mixture.
- Pour the other half of the juice mixture over the shredded lettuce and top with the cilantro. Toss to coat.
- Place a tortilla on a plate.
- Top with a bit of the pickled onions followed by a handful of the lettuce mixture.
- Add a spoonful of the beans followed by a spoonful of the shredded chicken and top with avocado slices.
[…] MOJO CHICKEN TOSTADAS […]