BACON MUSHROOM CHICKEN adapted from THE RECIPE CRITIC
4 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Generously season the chicken thighs with the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Pan Sear each side of the chicken for 1-2 minutes until brown and place skillet in oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked throughout.
- Transfer chicken to a platter.
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
1 clove garlic, minced
8 ounces white beech mushrooms
6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1 cup heavy cream
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, stems removed
- Add avocado oil to the skillet and saute the mushrooms until soft.
- Add the heavy cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme.
- Bring to a simmer until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add the bacon pieces.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet, turning to coat in the sauce.
- Serve immediately.