CHICKEN IN OREGANO CREAM SAUCE
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, minced and divided
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, reserving a bit for garnish
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2+ 2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon avocado oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear chicken breasts 2-4 minutes per side until golden and ALMOST cooked through. DO NOT WIPE OUT SKILLET.
- Transfer chicken to baking sheet and top with half the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 5-8 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
- Add 1 tablespoon avocado oil to hot skillet.
- Add tomatoes, cooking 2-4 minutes.
- Add a sprig of oregano, half the garlic and cook another minute until fragrant, garlic is golden and tomatoes are blistered.
- Season with half of the dried oregano salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove to platter.
- Add remaining butter to pan.
- When butter is melted add remaining garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add cream, broth, tomato paste, remaining Parmesan cheese and remaining oregano, stirring frequently and cooking until desired consistency and starting to bubble, 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in last 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Season to taste.
- Plate chicken, tomatoes and top with sauce.
Leave a reply