This was an actual “scrap” of a recipe torn from a typed book – maybe a church cookbook or some such type. It had such a unique name, 7-UP CHILIBURGERS, that I had to set it aside to try sometime. Fast forward many years and I ran across it again, this time vowing to make it soon. Fast forward a couple more years and here we are. All I can say is that I am truly sorry we didn’t try this sooner!!!! These were wonderful!
7UP CHILI SLOPPY BURGERS
1 tablespoon butter
1 pound lean ground beef
1 SMALL onion, chopped (3/4 cup)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon WONDRA flour
7 ounces 7UP
3/4 cup Jalapeno ketchup
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and beef. Brown until beef is crumbled into small pieces and onion is cooked through and translucent.
- Sift together the flour, salt and chili powder.
- Slowly add the 7UP, stirring until smooth.
- Add ketchup, Worcestershire and 7UP mixture to the skillet, stirring to blend well.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve on buns.
Leave a reply