This is a WONDERFUL and deliciously simple recipe. Chicken thighs OR breasts cooked in browned butter infused with honey, garlic and lemon juice. Simple ingredients BUT maximum flavor!
PAN SEARED CHICKEN & VEGGIES IN LEMON HONEY GARLIC BUTTER
6 chicken thighs (or 4 large chicken breast fillets pounded thin) (bone in or out/skin on or off)
Salt and pepper, to taste
6 tablespoons butter, divided
4 tablespoons QUALITY honey
1 tablespoon minced garlic, or 4 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of 1 medium lemon
2-4 tablespoons chicken broth OPTIONAL
3 cups broccoli florets OPTIONAL
4 Lemon wedges, to serve
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Sear chicken in an oven proof skillet or pan, skin side down first for 3 minutes. Flip and sear for a further 3 minutes until browned.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add lemon juice, garlic and honey to pan, blending well.
- Add the chicken into the sauce in the pan, turning to coat well.
- Transfer to the oven for a further 20-25 minutes until completely cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Change oven settings to broil (or grill), until nicely charred on the tops.
- To serve, add the lemon wedges around the chicken, garnish with parsley and drizzle with the pan juices.
- Serve with steamed vegetables; over rice or noodles, or with a salad!
ALTERNATIVE – FOR BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN FILLETS (my preferred way of making this dish) I also prefer carrots and snap peas
- Sear boneless chicken thighs or breast fillets on both sides until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a warm plate; set aside.
- Make the sauce following recipe directions.
- Add the chicken back into to the browned butter/honey mixture in the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes in the sauce, while basting the tops with the pan juices.
- Flip and continue cooking in the sauce until cooked through.
- Season with a little extra salt and pepper, to your taste, if desired.