CREAM OF TOMATO CHICKEN with RICE
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups tomato puree
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 Large shallot, finally chopped
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped basil
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 cups rotisserie chicken pieces
1/2 cup long grain rice
Bacon Crumbles (optional)
Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring broth and shallot to a SLOW boil.
- Add tomato puree, brown sugar, rice, celery salt, garlic powder and basil.
- Simmer 25 minutes until rice is tender.
- Stir in buttermilk and chicken pieces until well blended.
- Season to taste and simmer 10 minutes more.
- Serve in a toasted bread bowl or with toasted croutons.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and crumbled bacon if desired.
Leave a reply