There is just nothing better than homemade, fluffy pancakes doused in butter and PURE maple syrup for a Sunday morning.
EVERY SUNDAY PANCAKES yields +/- 12 pancakes depending on size
1 ½ cups cake flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup + 2 tablespoons buttermilk
2 LARGE eggs
¼ cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons PURE vanilla
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a LARGE mixing bowl.
- In another bowl whisk buttermilk and eggs together.
- Add vanilla and butter, whisking until blended.
- Whisk milk mixture into the dry ingredients JUST until moistened.
- Allow batter to stand 10 minutes!!! This step is a MUST for fluffy pancakes!
- Melt butter on medium hot grill.
- Lightly grease griddle.
- Ladle ¼ cup of batter onto hot griddle, cooking until bubbles begin to pop. DO NOT flip pancakes before seeing air bubbles.
- Flip and cook until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
[…] PANCAKES […]