CAJUN HONEY BUTTER OR LEMON PEPPER SALMON & SHRIMP
Sweet and savory pan-seared salmon topped with sautéed shrimp in cajun butter sauce. Salmon New Orleans is an unforgettable meal.
4-6 ounce salmon fillets
FRESH ground salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled, de-veined
8 tablespoons butter, divided
2 tablespoons honey
LEMON PEPPER & SEA SALT seasoning
FRESH ground sea salt
Sweet Hungarian Paprika
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon onion salt
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
heaping ½ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl whisk together all Cajun OR Lemon Pepper seasoning ingredients and set aside.
- Season the salmon with fresh ground salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add honey and whisk to combine (mixture should be bubbly).
- Add salmon fillets to pan and cook for 5-6 minutes, then flip and cook another 5-6 minutes until salmon is cooked through, flaky, and browned.
- Transfer salmon pieces to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining butter to the pan over medium-high heat. Once butter is melted, stir in cajun seasoning.
- Add shrimp to pan and saute’ until opaque, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve salmon topped with shrimp pieces.
- Drizzle any extra pan sauce over the top and garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Seafood sensation! Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party. Hope you have a fabulous week!!
This dish looks amazing. Congrats on being feature at Thursday Favorite Things. https://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com/2019/07/thursday-favorite-things_18.html
Looks like quite the tasty dinner experience! Thanks for bringing to Fiesta Friday!
We will love the cajun flavor in this delicious recipe! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and hope you are having a great week.
This looks like a perfect dinner – just add a salad and yum! Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party.