Sweet apricots, zesty marinated artichokes add tons of flavor to this marinated sheet pan chicken dinner.
SHEET PAN CHICKEN MEDLEY
2 1/2 pounds (4) skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into LARGE chunks
4 tablespoons Avocado oil, divided
ZEST and Juice of 1 lemon
2 cloves garlic, minced
FRESH ground Himalayan Sea Salt and black pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon ground fennel
1 teaspoon dried basil
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2-3 large carrots, diagonally sliced
2 LARGE red onions, cut into wedges
1 jar marinated artichoke hearts
1 -2 cups dried apricot halves
1 – 6 ounce can pineapple orange juice
- In a large bowl combine 1 tablespoon of the avocado oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and garlic.
- Generously season chicken pieces with FRESH ground Himalayan sea salt and black pepper.
- Toss chicken breasts in marinade and let stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
- In a separate bowl add apricot halves, juice and artichokes, tossing to mix. Let stand at least 30 minutes or more to plump apricot pieces. I usually let it stand all day.
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Coat a sheet pan covered in foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the basil, fennel, tomato paste and remaining avocado oil.
- Season with FRESH ground Himalayan Sea Salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Pour half into a second bowl. Add the onion wedges, apricots and artichoke hearts, tossing to coat, set aside.
- Add carrots to the marinade in the first bowl, tossing to coat.
- Arrange carrots on the sheet pan.
- Roast carrots for 15 minutes.
- Add in chicken pieces in a single layer.
- Top with the apricot mixture.
- Roast 30-35 minutes until chicken is cooked through to 160°.