SLOW COOKED COUNTRY CHICKEN & GRAVY
Slow cooked Country Chicken and Gravy is TRULY what easy comfort food is all about!! It is absolutely ahhh-mazing!
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 packet DRY chicken gravy mix
1 packet DRY Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix**(see notes)
1 – 10 oz. can cream of chicken soup**(see notes)
1 3/4 cups water or chicken broth**(see notes)
FRESH ground black pepper
- Empty the gravy packets, cream of chicken soup, water and pepper in a slow cooker.
- Whisk until the gravy is smooth.
- Add chicken breasts in a single layer if possible.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Serve over rice, pasta or mashed potatoes
- You can interchange this packet for just about ANYTHING and get an entirely NEW dish. Try Hidden Valley Ranch, Pioneer Peppered Gravy or Lipton French Onion soup.
- Try changing out the soup flavor also for a new and inventive flavor combination. Use cream of potato or cheddar cheese…
- The chicken is so tender you can fork shred it into the sauce and make an entirely different dish! Try adding some carrots or peas for color.
- I usually have homemade chicken broth around and I prefer that over water. If I use broth I change this to 2 cups as the homemade broth has more body than store bought.
- You can also add a quick cornstarch slurry at the end if you need to thicken up the sauce.