This is my new GO TO recipe! SO SO Good!
SALTED PEANUT OATMEAL COOKIES another ANTIQUE RECIPE yields 5 dozen cookies
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup shortening (crisco stick) (next time I’ll use half crisco stick, half butter)
3 LARGE eggs (next time I’ll only use 2)
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla
1 ½ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup peanuts
¾-1 cup golden raisins
½ cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven 350°.
- In a small food processor grind the peanuts and set aside.
- Cream together the shortening and both sugars.
- Add eggs one at a time and blend well.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Whisk together the oatmeal, ground peanuts, flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Sift flour mixture into wet mixing until blended well.
- Fold in raisins.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
You have 1tsp soda twice
Thank you for catching that. I’ve corrected it. 😀 The second one is baking powder.
[…] SALTED PEANUT OATMEAL COOKIES […]