This recipe originally called for bone-in chicken and was for a slow cooker, but we MUCH prefer not to deal with bones and I wanted it to be a week night easy recipe, so we I have adjusted it to a boneless version. Plus hubby doesn’t care for mushrooms so it makes it easy to serve this way and I get ALL the mushrooms. 😀
MUSHROOM CREAM CHICKEN serves 4
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 8-10 tenders
1 ½ teaspoons herbs de Provence
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
¼ cup WONDRA flour
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 cup chicken broth
½ cup white wine
2 tablespoons flour
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
1 leek, halved lengthwise and chopped
½ cup heavy cream
- Generously salt and pepper each chicken breast.
- Combine flour and herbs de Provence.
- Dredge chicken in Wondra flour mixture.
- Heat butter and avocado oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sear chicken pieces 4-5 minutes on each side until golden.
- Remove chicken pieces and keep warm.
- Add leek pieces and mushrooms to skillet and sauté’ until golden.
- Using a slotted spoon remove onions and mushrooms to the platter with the chicken.
- Whisk together the chicken broth, white wine and 2 tablespoon of flour.
- Add to skillet and bring to a SLOW boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and whisk until well blended and you reach desired consistency.
- Return chicken, leeks and mushrooms to pan and turn to coat with sauce.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or pasta.