SWEET & SOUR ROAST
2-3 pound chuck roast
1/2 cup pickle juice or apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons FRESH ground salt
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup beef broth
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, halved
1 small bag baby carrots
- Place potatoes and carrots in bottom of slow cooker.
- Heat butter in skillet over medium high heat.
- Sear roast on both sides.
- Lay roast over potatoes and carrots.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours until fork tender.
NOTE: This recipe easily converts to cast iron baking if you so choose. 😀