SPICY HONEY RIBS
3 pounds baby back ribs
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 cup honey
1/4 cup Bragg’s liquid aminos
1/4 cup Dijon mustard (optional – see notes)
5 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 limes, juiced
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Remove the membrane from the back side of the ribs.
- Generously season ribs all over with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Wrap each rack of ribs in heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Place on rimmed baking sheet and bake 2 1/2-3 hours until meat is tender.
- While ribs are cooking whisk together the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a SLOW boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes until sauce is reduced by half.
- When you remove the ribs from the oven, move the oven rack to the top and rack 6-8 inches from the broiler.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Open foil and place ribs bone side down.
- Generously brush ribs with sauce.
- Broil 3 minutes.
- Generously brush ribs again with sauce.
- Broil 2-3 minutes more.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
NOTES: I’m deathly allergic to mustard so I substitute Jalapeno ketchup for the mustard and omit the Sriracha sauce.