FENNEL CRUSTED PORK MEDALLIONS with ROASTED POTATOES and LEMON MINT GRAVY
Fennel-Crusted Pork Medallions with Roasted Potatoes & Green Beans
Fennel seeds are an aromatic spice, used in savory (and sometimes sweet!) preparations. The seed comes from the fennel plant, a flowering vegetable plant that is part of the carrot family. Here, we use these seeds to make juicy fennel-crusted pork medallions served alongside roasted potatoes and crisp green beans for comfort food at its best.
adapted from Jennie Perillo at Marley Spoon
3/4 cup chicken stock
3/4 pound pork tenderloins
1 lemon, zested and juiced
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped mint
1/2 pound green beans
2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Yukon gold potatoes
1 tablespoon WONDRA flour
1+ 1 + 1 tablespoon avocado oil
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 + 1 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Arrange rack in lower half of the oven.
- Cover sheet pan in foil for easy clean up.
- Scrub potatoes, then cut into even sized wedges.
- Toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon avocasdo oil and season with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast 12 minutes until potatoes are golden.
- While potatoes are roasting clean wash, trim and cut green beans.
- Toss beans with 1 teaspoon avocado oil, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, half of the minced garlic, FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Flip potatoes and add green beans to baking sheet along with the potatoes. Roast for another 10 minutes.
- Cut pork tenderloin into 4 equal sized pieces and flatten with a meat mallet to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Generously season pork tenderloins with FRESH ground sea salt, black pepper and the crushed fennel seeds.
- While vegetables are roasting, heat 1 tablespoon of avocado oil and 1 tablespoon of butter over medium high heat in large skillet.
- Add pork to hot skillet and sear for 2 minutes on each side.
- Return pork tenderloins to cutting board and cover with foil to rest while you prepare the gravy.
- Sprinkle pan with flour and whisk to blend.
- Add chicken stock, remaining garlic and remaining lemon juice to skillet, simmering to slightly thicken. Whisk in remaining mint and 1 tablespoon butter.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until sauce reduces slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve immediately.