GERMAN BRAISED RED CABBAGE
1 medium head red cabbage, shredded
1 LARGE red onion, THINLY sliced
2 Granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
- Spray a large dutch onion with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook onion and apple over medium heat 5 minutes until onion is tender.
- Add cabbage, stirring to combine.
- Generously sprinkle with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle with sugar and drizzle with vinegar.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally until cabbage is tender.