I decided to feature my Mary & Martha GRACE meal prayer box for the next several weeks on Faith and Food Friday, hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. These prayers just seemed apropos for the topic 😀
This week’s prayer:
In a world where so many are hungry, May we eat this food with humble hearts; In a world where so many are lonely, May we share this friendship with joyful hearts. Amen
AVOCADO & PICKLED RED ONION SALAD
2 RIPE avocados, sliced
1 LARGE beefsteak tomato, sliced thick
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 LARGE lime, juiced
- Pour apple cider vinegar over the onion slices and set aside for 15-30 minutes while you prep the remaining ingredients.
- Make a single layer of tomatoes on the serving platter.
- Generously season with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Place the avocado slices on top of tomatoes.
- Evenly pour lime juice over avocado slices and generously season with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Drain onion slices of excess vinegar and arrange over avocados.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and lime slices.