You can’t be a good Texan without a great hand me down recipe for BBQ, sheet cake and COWBOY COOKIES 😀
COWBOY COOKIES Yields 3 to 3 1/2 dozen cookies
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon QUALITY ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups (3 sticks) butter, at room temperature
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
1 ½ cups packed light-brown sugar
3 LARGE eggs
1 tablespoon PURE vanilla
3 cups QUALITY semisweet chocolate chips
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
2 cups (8 ounces) chopped pecans OR walnuts
1 cup golden raisins
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together in a bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add in sugars, combining thoroughly.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Gradually add in flour mixture until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips, oats, coconut and nut pieces.
- Fold in raisins.
- For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup dough onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 3 inches apart (cookies will spread).
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until edges are lightly browned; rotate cookie sheets halfway through.
- Remove cookies from rack to cool.