CRISPY HOT HONEY WINGS
2 1/2 pounds chicken wings
2 teaspoons kosher salt
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Line a sheet pan with foil, then place a metal rack on the pan.
- Mix together the salt, pepper and paprika to make a dry rub.
- Pat the wings dry, then generously sprinkle with the rub on all sides.
- Place them on the rack, making sure they are not touching.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then pull them out.
- Use tongs to turn them over, then put them back in the oven and bake another 20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
1 cup QUALITY honey
1 tablespoon Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce
1 tablespoon Frank’s original hot sauce
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
1 serrano chile, thinly sliced
- Add the honey, barbecue sauce, hot sauce, vinegar, jalapenos and serranos to a small pot over low heat, stirring to combine well.
- Bring to a simmer and continue cooking 20 minutes or so until reduced and slightly thickened. Stir regularly.
- Remove the wings from the oven and turn the oven to broil.
- One by one, dunk the wings in the sauce.
- Place them back on the rack and broil for 2-3 minutes to caramelize. Watch so they don’t burn.
GARNISH (if desired)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or green onions
Bleu Cheese dressing, for serving
- Place the wings on a platter and sprinkle over the chopped parsley.
- Serve with a bowl of dressing for dipping.