PEANUT CHICKEN RAMEN
2 LARGE chicken breasts grilled to your liking OR 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken pieces
Yakisoba noodles for 4
1/2 pound Beech mushrooms
3 large green onions, sliced thin
1 cucumber, sliced
A handful of snap peas, trimmed
1 red, yellow and orange mini pepper, sliced
Chopped cilantro, optional
1/2 cup salted creamy peanut butter (see notes)
2-3 tablespoons BRAGG’S liquid aminos
2 tablespoons maple syrup
+/- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce, depending on your heat level
Juice of 2 FRESH limes
+/- 1/4 cup water (to thin)
- Whisk together the peanut butter, liquid aminos, maple syrup, chili sauce and lime juice in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add water a little at a time until a thick BUT pourable sauce is formed.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more maple syrup for sweetness, chili garlic sauce for heat, lime juice for acidity, or liquid aminos for saltiness.
- Almond butter or Cashew butter SUBSTITUTE WELL for Peanut butter.
- If your sauce becomes too thin, add more nut butter.
- If your sauce is too thick, thin with more water.
- FRESH grated ginger to taste adds another layer of great flavor.
NOTE: The leftovers added to torn lettuce make a wonderful salad 😀