MEYER LEMON CAESAR DRESSING
Juice of 2 Meyer lemons
1 teaspoon anchovy paste or 3 anchovy fillets, minced
2 LARGE egg yolks
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional*)
FRESH ground sea salt* and black pepper, to taste
3/4-1 cup avocado oil
3/4 cup FRESH, FINELY grated Parmesan cheese
- Blend the lemon juice, anchovy paste, egg yolks and mustard until creamy.
- Slowly stream the oil into the mixture until dressing begins to thicken. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Once dressing is thick and creamy, fold in Parmesan cheese.
- I’m deathly allergic so I have never had it with the mustard and it is really good, but hubby says it’s even better with the mustard. 😀
- Be sure and remember that anchovies are salty so taste before adding salt!