PISTACHIO CRUSTED ROCKFISH or HALIBUT
1/2 cup roasted pistachios
1 shallot, minced
1/2 teaspoon sugar
FRESH ground black pepper
2 tablespoons FINE breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon lemon zest
Juice of 1 LARGE lemon
4 skinless halibut fillets (or white fish of choice like a rockfish)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Coarsely chop pistachios, shallots, black pepper and sugar in a small food processor.
- Add breadcrumbs, butter and lemon zest pulsing JUST until combined, but before it becomes paste.
- Season to taste with additional FRESH ground salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with greased parchment paper or SILPAT.
- Dip fish in lemon juice and shake off excess.
- Gently pat pistachio mixture onto each fillet arranging in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until center is cooked and fish is opaque and flaky.