CHEESE BURGER PASTA serves 4-6
1 pound QUALITY ground beef
1 SMALL onion, diced
½ cup QUALITY ketchup
½ teaspoon garlic powder
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 cups elbow pasta uncooked
2 cup beef stock
1½ cup grated Havarti, cheddar or Fontina cheese, grated cheese
diced tomatoes, for garnish
diced red onion, for garnish
diced pickles, for garnish
diced jalapenos, for garnish
shredded lettuce, for garnish
- Place a large lidded saute pan over medium heat.
- Let pot heat up for 2 minutes before crumbling ground beef into pot.
- Sauté ground beef for 2 minutes.
- Add onions, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Once beef is ¾ browned stir in ketchup.
- Saute for 3 minutes, then add dry pasta. stirring together while gradually adding in the beef stock.
- Cover sauce pot and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and lower heat to medium low.
- Add grated cheese and stir until melted.
- Top with personal garnishes.
- Serve and enjoy!