This is a super simple, yet sweet and flavorful recipe and quite honestly my favorite way to eat carrots.
SWEET CANDIED CARROTS
2 pounds carrots, sliced
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup PACKED brown sugar
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
- Place carrots in a wide saucepan.
- Cover by 1 inch of water.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes until crisp tender.
Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper; stirring to combine until butter is melted.
- Return carrots to pan; cooking and stirring 5 minutes until well coated and glazed well.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.