ORANGE RASPBERRY BUTTER CAKE Yield 2 9inch layers, 12-16 serving(s)
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 LARGE eggs
3 LARGE egg yolks
1 tablespoon PURE vanilla
3 1/4 cups cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup WHOLE milk
1/4 cup orange liqueur (raspberry liqueur or rum also work well)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Butter and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In mixer bowl, on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar 4-5 minutes until fluffy.
- Add eggs, then yolks, one a time, beating well after each, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in vanilla.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in about a third of flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Stir in half the milk and liqueur, just until blended.
- Stir in another third of flour mixture,.
- Add the remaining milk and liqueur and then the rest of the flour mixture.
- Spread batter equally into the cake pans.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on racks in pans for 10 minutes, then invert cakes onto racks and remove pans.
- Cool completely before frosting.
NOTE: This cake is good with or without frosting or glaze.