SALISBURY STEAK adapted adapted from the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2-1 pound FRESH mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon creamy horseradish
2 tablespoons jalapeno ketchup
1 packet LIPTON French onion soup mix
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 tablespoon WONDRA flour
1/4 cup cream sherry
1 1/2 cups beef broth
FRESH parsley leaves as garnish
- Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire, 1 tablespoon of the ketchup, horseradish, 1 tablespoon of the soup mix and some salt and pepper in a bowl and knead until well combined.
- Form into 4 oval patties, and using the side of your hand, make lines across the patties to give them a “steak” appearance.
- Place a HEAVY skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium high heat and add the butter.
- Add mushrooms, cooking until caramelized. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add oil and more butter if necessary.
- Fry the patties about 5 minutes per side until no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove from the skillet and pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the grease.
- Sprinkle the flour remaining grease and let cook for a minute.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and deglaze with the sherry, scraping up all the little bits from the bottom to release all the flavor.
- Return to the heat and add the beef broth, remaining ketchup and remaining soup mix. Bring to a boil and let thicken, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Fold mushrooms into gravy, stirring a minute or two to reheat mushrooms.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Return the patties to the gravy, spooning a little gravy over each.
- Garnish with the parsley.
I have not made this is years, but this looks so good. Congratulations, you are being featured on Thursday Favorite Things. I hope you stop by. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2022/04/thursday-favorite-things-party_01793040934.html
I hope you make it soon – nothing quite so satisfying as a good salisbury steak. Thank you so much for the feature 😀
[…] of my son’s favorite dinners is Salisbury steaks, so I had to feature this recipe by Tamy of Chasing My Life. You all know that I do not love to […]
Thanks so much for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party!! Hope to see you again tomorrow.
This looks delicious! Salisbury steaks are my son’s favorite, so I’ll definitely be trying this one. Thanks for sharing with us on Happiness is Homemade at LifeasaLEOWife.com. I’d love to have you come and share on Crafty Creators Link Party as well. It’s open Thursdays at 6am to Mondays at 11:59pm. I hope to see you there as well (it has different readers). If you’re featured on that party, I feature you across all of my social media accounts as well.) You can share 5 posts on that party. I’ll be featuring this recipe on Sunday on Happiness is Homemade. Congrats!
Thanks for dropping by and letting me know about the other party also. 😀 I hope you enjoy the salisbury steak recipe.