CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN THIGHS
¼ cup avocado oil
2 LARGE limes, juiced and zested
4 cloves garlic, FINELY minced
3 tablespoons chopped FRESH cilantro, plus more for garnish
1 tablespoon QUALITY honey
1 tablespoon chili powder
+/- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ teaspoon ground cumin
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon butter
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Lime wedges, for garnish serving
- In a mixing bowl or LARGE ziploc bag combine oil, lime juices, lime zest, minced garlic, chopped cilantro, honey, chili powder, salt, pepper, and chili flakes flakes, tossing until well until well combined.
- Remove 1/4 cup of the marinade and place it in a small bowl. Set aside for later.
- Add chicken thighs to the marinade and toss to coat well.
- Seal and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, or in the fridge for up to 2 hours.
- Set a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and heat it until hot.
- Add the chicken thighs to the skillet – be careful, they will sizzle – discard the remaining marinade. Cook the thighs for 5 minutes, or until nicely browned on the bottom; flip and continue to cook for 6 to 8 more minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove from heat.
- Brush chicken thighs with reserved marinade.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and lime wedges.