BUFFALO CHICKEN MUFFINS or MEATBALLS
yields 12 muffins or 24 meatballs
2 pounds ground chicken
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 LARGE eggs, lightly beaten
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 stalk celery minced
1 mini red pepper, minced
2 green onions, minced
1/2 cup blue cheese or Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- For meatballs line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with non-stick baking spray. For muffins LIGHTLY spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, onions, celery, red pepper, cheese crumbles, salt and pepper.
- Portion and shape into 18 or so meatballs.
- Arrange in a single layer on your baking sheet.
- For muffins divide mixture into 12 muffins. If making muffins prepare sauce before baking.
- Top each muffin with a scant 1 tablespoon of sauce BEFORE baking.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
1/4 cup Frank’s original hot sauce
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Add hot sauce, to taste and blend well.
- Pour sauce evenly over meatballs, turning to coat well.
- Garnish with chives.