GARLIC BUTTER PARSLEY CHICKEN Serves 4 to 6
3 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 6)
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
12 ounces FRESH green beans
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Pat the chicken dry with and generously season on all sides with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Trim green beans and cut in half crosswise.
- Place the chicken thighs skin-side down in a large (12-inch) oven-safe skillet, preferably cast iron, and turn the heat to medium.
- Cook undisturbed until the skin is golden and crispy, using tongs to move the thighs around the pan after 10 minutes to ensure even browning, 15 to 18 minutes total (they will not be cooked through at this point).
- Transfer the chicken skin-side up to a clean plate, leaving the rendered fat in the pan.
- Add 3 tablespoons unsalted butter to pan.
- Add minced 4 garlic to the melted butter.
- Add green beans to the pan and generously season with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, tossing to coat the beans in the chicken fat and butter garlic mixture.
- Place the chicken thighs skin-side up on the green beans.
- Spoon drizzle the garlic butter over the chicken and green beans and transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Roast until the chicken is deeply golden brown, crispy, and registers 160º in the thickest part, 20-25 minutes.
NOTES: You can substitute frozen green beans, but add them frozen during the last 10 minutes.