PAPRIKA RUBBED CHICKEN
3-4 pounds picnic chicken (thighs and legs)
1/2 cup red wine
16 ounce jar RAGU Roasted Garlic Parmesan Sauce (white)
8 ounce tomato sauce
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup FRESH chopped parsley, optional
1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine paprika, garlic, FRESH ground sea salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the wine, tomato sauce and RAGU sauce until well blended.
- Wash and dry chicken pieces.
- Rub the chicken pieces all over with the spice rub.
- Add 1 cup of the pasta sauce mixture to a 4 quart baking dish.
- Add chicken pieces in a single layer if possible.
- Brush chicken piece tops with remaining sauce.
- Bake 45-50 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Arrange chicken on platter and top with sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon zest.