ZING ZANG BLOODY MARY BEEF TIPS
1 cup ZING ZANG Bloody Mary mix
2 tablespoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons pepperoncini juice
1 teaspoon celery salt
2 pounds beef tips
- Whisk together the 3/4 cup of the Bloody Mary mix, 1 tablespoon of the Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon of the pepperoncini juice and celery salt.
- Add beef, turning to coat.
- Marinade beef tips 4-5 hours in refrigerator, turning occasionally.
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
3 tablespoons WONDRA flour
1 tablespoon avocado oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 SMALL Vidalia onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, diced
1/2 cups matchstick carrots
2 garlic cloves, minced
1-2 tablespoons QUALITY tomato paste
1 cup homemade beef bone broth
- Add oil to enameled cast iron saute pan over medium high heat.
- Drain beef tips of marinade. Discard marinade.
- Add flour to a large ziploc bag.
- Generously season flour with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Add drained beef to ziploc bag, shaking to coat pieces well with seasoned flour.
- Shake off excess flour and add beef pieces to hot oil, searing all sides.
- Remove beef from pan.
- Add butter to melt.
- Add celery, onions and carrots, sauteing until soft.
- Add broth to pan, stirring to loosen any bits from the bottom.
- Whisk in tomato paste, remaining Bloody Mary mix, remaining Worcestershire sauce and remaining pepperoncini juice.
- Season to taste.
- Add garlic and pepperoncinis to pan.
- Return meat to pan, turning to coat.
- Simmer 35-40 minutes.
- Serve over noodles or mashed potatoes.
NOTE: Any heavy pan will work, but I prefer an enameled cast iron for its even cooking.