2 pounds thin baby asparagus, cut about 4 inches from the top
1/2 pound diced prosciutto
6 slices of smoked Gouda cheese
2 Sheets Puff Pastry Dough or pie crust
1 LARGE egg
2 tablespoons chopped FRESH Thyme
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
- Roll out dough.
- Cut dough into 6 rectangles and brush with egg wash.
- Cut 5-7 asparagus in half and lay evenly in the center of each pastry dough rectangle. Leave about a 1/4 inch of dough on each side.
- Fold 2 slices of prosciutto into a fan and place on top of the asparagus.
- Place 1 slice of smoked Gouda on top of the the asparagus and prosciutto.
- Flip the bottom of pastry dough to cover the bottom half of the asparagus, and to create a pocket.
- Pinch the edges.
- Brush the whole pocket with egg wash and sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden brown.